Creating a disciplined exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it largely for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only affords a diversion but also generates the determination and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be of good use for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and enhance speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to carry a conversation with your partner in a busy gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be wary of possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and wetness to some degree, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!